Sunday, January 22, 2006

Point Count: Revised Creamy Oatmeal

Apparently you can't buy steel-cut oats in Nebraska; either that, or my husband just can't find them at the store. Either option is reasonable but I'm placing my bets on the latter.

Anyway, revising for what we have on hand:

1.5 cups Scottish rolled oats: 6 pt.
3 cups lite soy milk: 3 pt.
2 cinnamon sticks: 0 pt.
1 tsp vanilla extract: 0 pt.
1 cup dried fruit: 6 pt.
3 TB brown sugar: 3 pt.

This brings it to 18 points total, so for 6 servings 3 points each. Not really all that much lower than regular oatmeal, and takes a lot more prep/planning. I'll probably make it once in awhile but not all that regularly because of this.

Comments:
I think I mentioned it to you, but the way I made it it was 1 pt a serving--no milk no fruit. It has been nice to have sitting around in the fridge--I use it as a snack.
 
That is not a bad idea actually... but if I was going to do that I would probably just make some oatmeal. Oh well, it's tasty and a bit different anyway, right?
 
Since I really hate instant oatmeal, it's worth it to make to have it already made and in the fridge, so I can grab it whenever. But if you like instant oatmeal, then there's not a whole lot of point in making this one except for novelty value.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?